www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Looking at a 24 CC with Twin 250 HP Outboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtcfish.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Looking at a 24 CC with Twin 250 HP Outboards Reply with quote

Love the 24 degrees of deadrise and twin outboard setup, Very close to pulling the trigger on a used one. Somebody give me info on the ride, weight, likes and dislikes of the outboard setup on this hull. I'm a Raymarine Dealer/Perfered captain so I will put in 3 - C80's with Radar, Depth and GPS along with Autopilot. In a few years I'll switch the 250HP OX66's for twin F225's or F200's. Don't need 60 mph but it would be nice when fising a tournament and running late...

Just tell me I'll be able to hit 30 in 3-4 footers... Any info would be appreciated.

Engines are on a bracket

mtcfish.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody....

24 CC with Outboard motors...

How much room behind the 50 Gallon Livewell/Leaning Post and Bait Boxes?

Billin' Time

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, many of the 24CCs that I have seen were built with the jackshafts. Of the few that I've seen with outboards, most were either a single 250 (Merc EFI at the time) or twin 150s. I had a 24 Express (jackshaft), so I can't comment much on the one that you're looking at on THT. Very few days that you'll be able to use those twin 250s to their full extent, and yes, you will get wet.

P.S. There will not be much room between the leaning post and the transom, especially if it has the transom fishbox.

mtcfish.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you won't be able to use all 500 ponies but I'm looking for a 30kt cruise in 2-4 footers. I'm going to fish more tournaments and I need a fast, trailerable boat and stay in a budget. I have a 23' Polar that will run 25kts but that comes down fast as the seas go up. As for the wetness I could setup curtains. The space problem could be an issue.
Billin' Time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would cruise in the mid 20 kt range in my 24 with the 5.0 250 hp inboard in a short chop. Put the tabs down and move on down the road. I always thought that was when the hull really proved it's worth.

It may be a little rough and wet ride, but I don't see any reason why, with that hp on the one that you're considering, that 30 kts cruise wouldn't be possible. However, I don't think that anyone except the current owner would be able to tell you for sure, since he may be the only one to run a 24CC with that kind of hp.

I'm pretty sure that a "normal" 24CC with 250 hp single OB or twin 150 OB would not see that kind of cruise speed, but I could be wrong.

Albemarlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 242 CC in Florida for sale that has a D-4 260 hp Volvo diesel and it lists its cruise speed as 34 mph which is 29.5 knots. The 242 is a good bit lighter than the 247 but that diesel is way less than your 500 ponies. So my guess is, yeah you should be able to hit 30 knots in 2 to 3's but honest 4 footers.........I hope you're young and can take that kind of punishment. I have run my old 247 (non jackshaft) in 5's every 5 sec for 30+ miles. I started at 21 to 22 knots and had to slow her to 16 knots (still on plane) due to a couple over the windsheild and a wicked ride. If you really want to run wide open in tight 4 footers or bigger all the time I suggest you get a much longer boat. The Alby does great in a chop but big rollers is not her specialty.

My $0.02.

Hal

92 Proline 260 WA w/Yam 130's - TOTAL POS -SOLD
Southern Belle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatDetails.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&currencyid=100&boat_id=1503795&checked_boats=1503795&back=%2Fcore%2Flisting%2Fcache%2FsearchResults.jsp%3Fsm%3D3%26toLength%3D26%26cit%3Dtrue%26currencyid%3D100%26luom%3D126%26fromLength%3D24%26man%3Dalbemarle%26slim%3Dquick&searchtype=

Have a look at that its a 26cc but it would be around the same cockpit size

kopy cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knw t's kinda late for this post BUT I own a 26cc with twin 225 Merc offshores and this puppy kicks ASS. I have owned the boat for 4-5 years know and fished many tournys and raised and caught many nice tuna and white marlin. the boat handles decent but probably should have the strakes installed on it, I have more power then most boats and run hard and fast to get out there and back. I have a 75 mile radar mounted on the hardtop and full e120 system, it's a fishing machine Kopy Cat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: