www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Follow Up - New C4s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorAn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Follow Up - New C4s Reply with quote

Had new C4s installed on my DP290 (along with some other odds and ends) by Walt at Action Service Marine. Replaced B5s.... Finally got to try it out last Friday. No complaints!

Running 315+ HP Marine power to the DP290 in an 85 Albe 24. Gained 500-600 RPM. I need to check the tach again for accuracy since the indicated rpm is lower than reported by most. Performance was improved, but don't have a handle on fuel economy yet. Quicker out of the hole and gennerally much more responsive to the throttle. With a medium load (3/4 Fuel, me and two crew, iced coolers, gear, etc.), and a light chop, unknown current, WOT now indicated is 3800-3900. With the B5s, top end would have been 29-30 knots. Now it is just over 35 knots by GPS.

So far so good. Now I need another warm dry day to try pulling/lube them.

FWIW, wife got me a new stereo to repace the old AM/FM/Tape. The new Sony has a CD that plays MP3s. Nice - I put 12 music CDs on one disk. Shouldn't have to change Cds often! Hope the "skip buffering" is good and the CD head is robust. Will see - after I get that installed, after I fix the now dead all-round light, after I fix the vent ducting, after I fix the... You know how it goes!

Woody - Noran
Happy New Year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: