www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Bow Eye Length?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorAn

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Bow Eye Length? Reply with quote

Ok, here is an off the wall question...
I want to replace the bow eye on my '85 Albe 24. Does anypne know how thick the hull is? Suncor stainless has 'em with a thread length of 3.4" or 4.5". I could order the long one, but would rather get the proper length rather than cut off excess (to avoid snaring anchor line).

Any comments on changing from 7/16 to 1/2" diameter? Opening the holes should not be too problematic...

Also, all I have found are 304 stainless. Any clue where to find one in 316L?

My current ring is 7/16 diameter, with a 1.5" opening and showing a little corrosion around the nuts. ...Am concerned about chloride stress corrossion cracking.

Thanks, Woody

My website: www.albe24.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: