www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

new to site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49TH FISHERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: new to site Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I have been lurking on the site for about a year now. Just joined yesterday. I have a 1983 24 express with a custom hardtop from Layton's. Currently powered by a 5.7L carb with duoprop. A repower is in the works, I'm going with a 280hp 5.7L Volvo with a Duoprop and probably a C5. I am from Ninilchik Alaska and am currently residing in Greenville NC. I plan to fish out of OI and Bogue Inlet this spring and then hopefully return home. I have always sat in the cabin back home during our wonderful winters and surfed the internet looking at Albermarle and Carolina Classic boats. I would always say to my best friend, "now thats what we need for a boat". I will be trailering the boat back home. Any tips and wisecracks would be appreciated. Thanks for all the technical advice. I have been able to incorporate some of the modifications from this site into my boat. Love the ride and the quality of an albermarle and I will probably have the only 24 in the state. Thanks P.S. I have had the best experience with Layton's. I highly recommend them.
daybreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!

It sounds like you might have the perfect 24. If I could do 2 things to mine and money wasnt a factor, I would get a custom hardtop and repower it!

Hopefully your trip home will be a safe one.

Chesapeake Bay
EAGLEOCNJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

1992 27 Albemarle
marlinmachine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool,,,,Welcome and you made the right boat selection. There will be some JEALOUS Alaskans we you get there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: