www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

New member Just purchased 1985 24 repowered with GM 350 LA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Our Time II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: New member Just purchased 1985 24 repowered with GM 350 LA Reply with quote

The previous owner had the boat repowered and intermediate housing replaced. Both have less than 50 hours and the rest of the boat is in good shape. The electronics are dated and I am reviewing the Garmin 3210C chartplotter. I thinking about installing a network package which would include: the ten inch chartplotter, weather module (XM WX weather service) Network port expander and the analog remote sonar.
Has anyone installed this system and has the unit operation met your expectations?
If others feel there is a better expandable system available, Please advise.

Our Time II
NorAn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard!

Congtats on the Albe, sounds nice. I got my 85 a little over 2 years ago and it is doing fine and still looking good. It was repowered also, but a little older engine. Mine has a '99 Marine Power 5.7 EFI. Have also added things. Can't help much with the integrated systems as mine is all discreete. It has the original (to me) Furuno sounder, but I dumped the transom transducer and put in a thru-hull mounted tilted element Airmar - works well. Some other odds and ends added are a Fireboy gas vapor detector, new CD stereo, second VHF, EPIRB, second bilge pump (mounted at stern where the water can accumulate), lots of LED lighting, Furuno 1715 radar, Garmin chartplotter, pair of AGM batteries, new washdown pump, etc., etc... Mine had B5s on the 290 DP. Recently changed to C4s. Added 5 kts to top end and it is now much more responsive. You know it never ends! Smile
Looks like new curtain$ are going to be needed before too long Sad

My home port is central VA, so do a lot of trailering. Plan to get down to OI or HI this spring - Maybe will run across you (sort of).

Woody
Our Time II

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody,
Thanks for the feedback. I generally Fish out of OI we had a lot tuna success in the fall however the striper fishing was pretty pitifull. I will probably ask alot of questions initialy and hopefully I can return the favor. Where did you install your CD player? Have you experienced any issues with the latch mechanism on the battery axcess doors? One of mine is broken and do you have a good resource for replacment parts?
NorAn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again...

I have a custom electronics box attached to the forward center hardtop that houses the stereo and the VHF. ...Previous owner did a nice job on the box. the speakers are mounted in the gunnel glass, left and right of the chairs. Pulling more wire through the support tubing is no fun, but can (usually) be done. Mine is really full now.

I think I might try OI when the WX gets a bit warmer. Have been going to HI 'cause it seemed an easier passage. Now that I have found the Corps of Engineers web page with recent soundings and waypoints, OI is not as intimidating. Yum! Love that tuna - and it is sure a shorter run than from the VA coast. Guess I will have to get a NC license this year though... Too bad they don't have a boat license or do a reciprocal thing.

Good luck with the Albe.

Woody
KZ4AK
Noran -Albe 24
Our Time II

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Ventilation hose routing Reply with quote

Noran,
Hope you are doing well and I need a favor. If you get a chance review the routing / placment of the vent hoses for the blower hose and the intake hose. I am not sure if the mechanic repositioned in the correct location after all of the repairs.

Our Time II
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: