www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

New To The Albemarle Fleet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: New To The Albemarle Fleet Reply with quote

Very Happy Just purchased a 1993 265 Albemarle AKA HUNTER II. I'm moving up from a 20' SeaCraft so this is a fairly big jump for me. Am trying to get a handle on what the expected fuel consumption will be. I also became aware that there is no way to pump the head holding tank overboard (beyond three miles out of course). If anyone has back-fitted a macerator pump so that the holding tank can be pumped directly overboard I would appreciate a heads' up on how it was done. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated. We had a great season on school bluefin tuna (40 fish between my buddy & I). Lookin forward to expanding our range next year. We live on the North Shore of Massachusetts so the season is over for us. Tight lines to all - Hunter Wink
daybreak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: hunter Reply with quote

Welcome to the site Hunter. I think you will find the other owners to be a good source of information. They have helped me many times. We are growing, slowly but surely. Please tell another owner about the site if you can.
A Salt Weapon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New To The Albemarle Fleet Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Very Happy Just purchased a 1993 265 Albemarle AKA HUNTER II. I'm moving up from a 20' SeaCraft so this is a fairly big jump for me. Am trying to get a handle on what the expected fuel consumption will be. I also became aware that there is no way to pump the head holding tank overboard (beyond three miles out of course). If anyone has back-fitted a macerator pump so that the holding tank can be pumped directly overboard I would appreciate a heads' up on how it was done. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated. We had a great season on school bluefin tuna (40 fish between my buddy & I). Lookin forward to expanding our range next year. We live on the North Shore of Massachusetts so the season is over for us. Tight lines to all - Hunter Wink

Welcome.
On my boat, I have a valve after the pump and out. You open the valve, turn the pump on and when done, turn the valve off and pump off. E.mail me if you need more detail.

gottaway

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome hunter,
I have a 1999 265, she burns about 15 gallons an hour at 3400RPM about 22-24 Knots. Put a tee fitting where the pump out hose goes now. Run the dwonward pointed hose to macerator then seacock and thru-hull. That's how mine was from the factory.
Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Info Reply with quote

Very Happy - Gottaway - Thanks for the response - my holding tank is on the starboard side - not sure how to access the hose between the tank and deck pump out - I don't have the boat as it's still down in Cape Cod where I bought it - Am going to have it shipped sometime next week so I'll be able to get into the issue then - Thanks again - any tips will be greatly appreciated - Hunter Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: