www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Post some reports folks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Fish Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Post some reports folks Reply with quote

Really, no forum members have been fishing since 2014, huh?

My Albe is still in the works of restoration. Looks like it may drag out so long that I might miss the peak of dolphin run this year.

Meanwhile, I've been inshore a few times fishing all artificials. Went Christmas day down to a waterfront park on Charleston Harbor and mulled around. Had 1 trout on and lost is about half way to the bank.

About 3 weeks ago headed out for a couple hours on Friday afternoon inshore on the Wando River. Wind was blowing like all hell. Nada. Zero. Fished shell banks and docks.

2 weekends ago, I was tagging along with the fiance and a few friends, with a bunch of their friends that we didn't know, at dinner/bar. Sitting there minding my own business this random dude walks up and asks if I want to go fishing tomorrow. Uhhh, well yeah sure. Random man-date picked up at the bar friday night, haha. All due to the Beavertail skiffs hat I was wearing (see that story below). Fished with him the next day inshore around Folly Beach. We found one little hole at a dock in about 10-ft of water that was holding trout. Slowwwwwww retrieve just barely bouncing it up off of the bottom and letting it just tumble in the current. Nothing but shorts, but it lasted about an hour before they turned off with the changing tide.

I grew up in Tallahassee, and used to be able to catch he heck out of some trout down there in the Gulf. But inshore up here in SC, I can't even catch a cold.

The Beavertail hat...no I don't own a Beavertail, I wish. There was a Shallow Water Fishing Expo put on by the local tackle shop here back in January. Beavertail came and put a few boats out on display...In the big ditch out in front of the venue. Well it rained like hell all Saturday afternoon, night and Sunday morning. Come Sunday morning and they decide it's time to head home to FL. Only problem is they have a 2wd truck and 2 boats in the ditch. We had to pull their truck out of the ditch, then get the 2 skiffs out for them. Earned us a free hat, shirt, and koozie.

dailydose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: season start Reply with quote

Here in NY the bass season starts April 15th
Also you may want to try to check The Hull Truth which has regional threads for fishing and generally has a tremendous amount of traffic on it. I will try to post here as well when I actually do start to fish this season Very Happy
andyb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! I do post on THT, quite a bit (CUTiger2011 over there.) Just trying to get some activity stirred up here. Rather come here to discuss than over there, at times can be too much dramatized B.S. on THT, and the bickering and moaning is always much less on these smaller forums. Laughing
dailydose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good enough Smile
B B was good as well but it has gone the same way with a bunch of malcontents ruining it
I will do my part here whenever possible Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Fish Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: