www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index
www.albemarleboatowners.com     Forum Guidelines    Boat Galleries     Buy-Sell Boats     Fishing Information     Store     Directory     Links    
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Posting Pictures - a Photobucket tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Posting Pictures - a Photobucket tutorial Reply with quote

I've never been on any one single forum that has a halfway decent way to upload pictures. If you're interested in using a website to host your photos for posting to the forum here's a quick tutorial. I use Photobucket so that's what this is for. I started using it way back before it had so many ads and it would be tough to switch it all now. But you can explore any image hosting site. If you want to use another site, there are plenty to choose from and will function similarly, but not identically. I find this easier to use than any built in photo uploader and it allows me to post the photos easier on multiple different forums, say if you're posting the same thing here and THT or Saltwater Central or ...

There's also a Photobucket app for your smartphone, so you can upload pictures to your photobucket account from either your computer or straight from your phone.

1. type in photobucket.com into your web browser
create an account and/or login if you've already created an account

2. Click on LIBRARY near the top left.
Then click create new album for whatever categories you want.

My demo will be using my album for my old 20' Shamrock. As you can see I also created albums for my first Shamrock, Mako, my dog Emma, Sea Hunt, Albemarle, and other random things that I may have posted pictures of online for some reason.

3. Click on the album you want to upload pictures to
then click on the photo uploader.

4. After clicking on the photo uploader, a window explorer window will pop up. Navigate to where your pictures are stored on your computer.
You can select a single picture or multiple pictures.
To select all pictures click on the first picture and while holding shift click on the last picture. It will select all pictures in between the first and last pictures that you clicked on while holding shift
To select some but not all, click on the first picture, then hold Ctrl and click on the pictures you want
Click OPEN in the bottom right of the window

An upload status bar will come up across the bottom of the screen. As the pictures complete uploading, thumbnails will appear in the album you've uploaded them to.

5. Click on a picture to see the bigger version. It will take you to a screen like this.
To post this picture on FTC, click in the IMG Code box on the right hand side of the screen
It will flash and say "copied"

6. Switch over to the window with the forum open in it
Type in whatever text you want in your post
Right-click and hit paste. The IMG code for the picture you wanted to post now appears in the forum's text box where you are typing your post.
hit enter twice to put the cursor on a new line
Go back to step 5 for the next picture that you want to paste
Repeat step 6

Continue to repeat steps 5 and 6 for each picture you want to appear in your post.

LASTLY: What this does is creating a link from your forum post to the location of the picture in your Photobucket account. If you post pictures on a forum, and then move the pictures in your Photobucket to a different album or location, they will no longer appear in your post. You will have to go back and repost a new link if you still want the pictures to appear in your forum post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.albemarleboatowners.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: